Registered Social Worker / Senior Officer (Elderly Service) [Reference no: RSW/ SO(WGE)]
Operated by Agency for Volunteer Service and with subvention from Social Welfare Department, the Western Garden Neighbourhood Elderly Centre provides a variety of high-quality services for the elderly, their carers, and the wider community of the Central and Western District. It strives to promote well-being of the elderly and strengthen support networks for them, as well as to realize “aging-in-place” objective.
- Assist the Elderly Services Manager to oversee and support the operation of the Western Garden Neighborhood Elderly Center such that its services meet the performance targets agreed with the funding bodies
- To deputize the Elderly Services Manager in his or her absence
- To design, organize, deliver and monitor dementia-related and carer support services, as well as public education programmes.
- To effectively handle counselling cases
- To organize and lead elderly volunteer teams to promote active aging and enhance well-being
- To liaise and network with fellow NGOs, local community and other stakeholders to promote the goal of the centre and Agency.
- To support Agency-level programmes, projects and activities
- Registered Social Worker with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Degree holder or above
- Good command of Chinese and English (including Putonghua)
- Proficient in I.T. applications including Windows, MS Office, Internet, Digital Media
- Good team player and strong communication skills
- Caring for the elderly and independent with strong sense of responsibility
- Experience in elderly service, accredited assessor of MDS-HC preferable
Working Hours: 5 days a week; require performing duties off-site, during public holidays, and working overtime (compensatory leave available)
Location: Sai Ying Pun
Contract Period: two years (renewable, subject to performance)
*Fringe benefits include paid annual leave, hospitalization insurance, outpatient medical and training subsidies.
Administration Officer 【Code: O(ADM)】
- Provide full spectrum of administrative supports including head office administration, insurance, service reports and filing system etc
- Act as Personal Assistant to CEO and provide secretarial support to the Board of Directors and Committees
- Co-ordinate and manage the Agency’s events and activities, eg AGM & Annual Dinner
- Coordinate and produce Agency Annual Report
- Assist in other ad-hoc assignments
- Degree or Higher Diploma Holder in Business Administration or related disciplines
- At least 2 years experience in office administration, experience in NGOs will be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly in Excel) and be able to perform data analysis and statistical works
- Good writing skills in both English & Chinese
- Well-organized, detail-minded, meticulous and good team player
- Mature, good interpersonal & communication skills
Location: Wan Chai